Friday, 2 July 2010

Liberation

So I was able to get in one short run this week as well as a swim. The rest of my time has been spent at work, making travel plans for an unexpected trip, catching up with friends who are sadly/happily departing these shores forever, and then staying up late every night to pack. I’m nowhere near done editing this chapter that’s due Monday. I’m sleep deprived and still in need of two more boxes to pack the last of my stuff. But you know what? I don’t give a shit. You know why?

I’M MOVING OUT OF RETARDIA!

And a day early to boot. After I post this, I’m heading out to pick up my keys. I’ll spend the rest of this afternoon cleaning my new digs and then celebrate my escape from Crazytown with one of the best people ever on the planet. There will be pizza. There will be laughs. There will be stolen household products.

I am giddy with excitement.

Tomorrow will still be the major move-in day with awesome people helping me move my pathetically few but still heavy boxes and suitcases. I had big plans to torture the Tweedles this week with waking up early each day and creating a ruckus with morning exercise and packing, but that only lasted until Tuesday. Then they departed, not to return until next week.

My thunder, it hath been stolen.

Before they left, I pointed out to them seven times (via verbal discussion, email and note) how much I needed to be paid back and when. They have until Saturday to direct deposit my money. If it’s not there by then, I’m taking some of their stuff hostage and will send ransom notes made from cut up newspapers and magazines threatening destruction/resale of their beloved items.

I believe they had an inkling of my plan, because they packed up their entire wine cellar (over 100 bottles – no joke) and took it with them to put in storage elsewhere.

Foiled again.

Hopefully I’ll get a chance to post again next week before I’m away for the following two. There’s a whole story in itself of how this trip-which-was-not-to-be became a three day business-only trip and has now exploded into a 14 day trip to include two countries. My bank account is currently weeping.

Anyhoo, as I celebrate my liberation from two years of imprisonment with the twitastic Tweedles, I would like to wish all of my fellow Americans a safe and happy 4th of July weekend. To my Canadian readers, I hope you get to prolong your Canada day celebrations into the weekend as well. Make sure the majority of North America goes up in firework flames. It’ll make me proud.

Later gators.

5 comments:

Jess said...

Just in time for Independence Day! Congrats!

Viper said...

Enjoy the move. Don't hurt yourself. Steal something good! Cheers!

The Merry said...

Liberation! That calls for libations and some serious congratulations!

MCM Mama said...

Hope the move goes well! BTW, did you get your little package from me? Hope it still gets to you after you move!

joyRuN said...

Thunder-stealing DIPSHITS!!

Get 'em back, girl.

And I saw MCM Mama's comment - did you also happen to get my package from, oh I dunno, March or April?