Monday, 26 July 2010

Return of the Nerd

I’m back!

I can feel your enthusiasm all the way from England. It’s heart-warming. Really.

Ingrates.

Anyhoo, I don’t have a lot of time to play on the blogosphere today, but I wanted to check in. I did get in two runs while I was away as well as a lot of swimming. The first run was in my old stomping grounds and the second run was here:


I really earned that last one considering all the shit that went down in the last week – travel woes, red tape and a family that is expert at the backhanded compliment. It was all kinds of awesome.

I attempted death by baklava to end the mental anguish, but that only resulted in a big fat fail. Emphasis on the fat. But I have a plan to remedy the situation. I’ll write about that and some of the travel/family fun next time. Oh, I also have a couple of things to giveaway. Yes, you can thank me for that now.

Hope you’re all doing well. Catch up with you when I can.

Later gators.

15 comments:

carpeviam said...

Well if you're going to attempt suicide, "by baklava" is probably the best choice. Sorry it didn't go down the way you wanted it to.

Deb said...

Yeah, suicide by baklava is just so inefficient. I mean, you just SAW it and SAW it on your trembling wrists and all you get is a big mess of honey and flakey bits. While I am NOT encouraging your suicide, I do recommend a more durable dessert if your heart is set on this course.

Anonymous said...

Oh, death by Baklava, I lurrrvvvv Baklava! And speaking of "fat", I need your plan...and fast!

Welcome back and looking forward to hearing more of your adventure.

Lily

SteveQ said...

You were gone?

RunningLaur said...

Death by Baklava has to be an enjoyable way to go out.
All those little hills though? If you'd ran on those, NOT an enjoyable way to go out.

Glad you had a safe trip back.

Jamie said...

mmm... baklava. Welcome back!

Jamoosh said...

I hope you kicked sand in someone's face!

Haliku said...

Not death by Ouzo or Metaxa? Come on you are a grad student! When in Rome..er Athens right?

Merry said...

I'm with them... D.B.B. sounds like the way to go :)

Just stay away from the Ouzo.

Love the pic!

P.O.M. said...

Baklava would be a nice way to go. But glad you're back :)

Mike Antonucci said...

Death by baklava certainly beats death by balalaika. Or death at Balaclava.

Jess said...

I'm all shades of green with envy over such an idealic running setting!

X-Country2 said...

ah family. got to love them. welcome home!

joyRuN said...

Death by baklava sounds much more exotically awesome than death by Cheetos. Plus isn't honey good for you?

MCM Mama said...

Welcome back!

Yum, baklava...