Thursday, 9 September 2010

Naming names

All right, eager beavers (not like that, G). It’s time to announce the winner of the CSN Stores $65 gift certificate.

There were 21 legit entrants.


But like in Highlander, there can be only one which means there are going to be 20 headless bodies here in a second. Sweet. But I digress.

Ok, the winner is....


Commenter #4 was Jumper 2.0. Congrats, buddy! Give me your email address (drop me a line at ukxenia at gmail dot com) and I’ll get you in touch with the wonderful people at CSN Stores so you can get your prize. (And Steve, I like to believe it stands for Crosby, Stills and Nash too.)

My condolences (not really) to the rest of you twits. You win some, you lose some. Or in your case, you lose a lot. But them’s the breaks, people.

Many of you showed me lots of love during my brief blog comeback, which is all well deserved of course and was in no way coerced as per the instructions of the giveaway.

Turi said he would never desert me, which I find amusing coming from a guy who lives in a desert.

Spike ranked me as one of his 18 greatest loves. I cannot tell you how moved I am to know that I am adored almost as much as Taco Bell. High praise, indeed.

Ace was super kind and offered to purchase me dissertation essentials (caffeine, chocolate and live ammo). Thanks, dude. That ammo would come in real handy right now as I have a new officemate who is wearing WAY TOO MUCH cologne. Ugh, barfs-ville.

Merry has apparently been trying to lob stuff at me all the way from the west coast of Aye-mare-ick-ah. She’s been about as successful at it as this poor woman. May I suggest, dear Merry, that you reduce the distance between us first before taking aim again? By which I mean come on over to England for a bit of a holiday. And by holiday I mean I need a competent professional writer to finish my dissertation for me and I’ve decided to bestow that honor on your good self. You can thank me later. No really.

First time commenter LynnZMommy said she loves Diggin’ It and even has one of my posts bookmarked. What I want to know is, which post? I can’t imagine my musings on sub-par running and general slackassery can be bookmark-worthy, but I am happy to be proven wrong on this.

And god bless him, in his eagerness to score free money, Kanadian Keith commented six times on two posts. Keith, you officially win the Desperation Award. In honor of your lack of restraint and self-respect, I will award you what you said you would give to me if you won the giveaway – a popener. Send me an email with your snail mail address and I’ll pop one in the mail for you.

Finally, big thanks to Aka Alice, Diane (TT) and RBR for the dissertation advice and motivation. Oh, and Jamoosh for these wise words:

“Stop reading comments and get back to your dissertation.”

Yes, sir.

Back to sabbatical I go.


Later gators.

10 comments:

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

O, Jebus. Those comments were basically incapable of being redeemed, what with all the spelling errors and such, so I just deleted them.

You're welcome.

Use your power as Highlander/Administrator and make them disappear entirely, will you?

There's a good, albeit hairy, girl.

Viper said...

Well, that was anticlimactic.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

O, good. "Highlandered" means what I thought it did. But for a minute there, I was worried you had somehow conferred unearned cult status on my deleted comments.

How many candles sacrificed their lives so that you could be smoooooove for a day? Because we both know those tough Greek tufts will be back by tomorrow, like Homer Simpson's perpetual 5 o'clock shadow ... though I guess yours'll be more a Noon shadow.

I'm being followed by a Noon Shadow ...
Nooooon Shadow, Noon Shadow


[Cat Stevens' really great post-oral sex ditty]

Jess said...

Shark farts! I didn't win?!

LynnZMommy said...

Well since you asked.....shattered expectations in April. Seriously, who runs a race that crazy! One of these days a race I enter will have cows and those crazy gates:)

The Merry said...

Definite shark farts. That's what I get for /not/ hitting you?

And I'd love to write your dissertation. I'm thinking of writing it on puce-colored paper. A very neat layout, with lots of bullet points (from real bullets, naturally). And maybe some haiku thrown in, to add some class.

Spike said...

I was so close to almost winning. Oh well, now go back to not blogging will you!

Nitmos said...

This was rigged. You are all a bunch of cheaters and Xenia was the mastermind.

Deb said...

Gawd!!! It's like I'll NEVER win Crosby, Stills and Nash currency - never! And now I learn you're spreading Popeners throughout the wilds of Kanadia. I'm not sure how Benedict is going to feel about that.

Aileen Ruane said...

I've been on sabbatical too! But I'm not close to my Phd...first semester of grad school. Oy.