Thursday, 28 October 2010

Three Things Thursday - Balls Edition

1. I’ve been rolling my foot on a tennis ball for the past few days. I have no idea if it’s doing any good. Unfortunately it’s making me into a bit of a curiosity in the office as it seems like I have ants in my pants and can no longer sit still for five seconds together. Balls.

2. A pre-dinner walk last night and a run this morning have put me back in the black. My cupcake debt has now been paid off. Now to put that credit towards the chocolate and walnut fudge I made and ate (Stop judging me! *sob*). I brought the majority of the fudge in to work today to pawn it off on others. The people of this department now both love and hate me.

3. I made the fudge because I’m stressed out which causes me to seek out the familiar. My grandma always made this fudge around the holidays. I wanted to make her chocolate peanut butter ball recipe instead, but the last time I did that (Easter of this year) it didn’t come out quite right because I couldn’t get a hold of two of the main ingredients (almond bark and Wheaties cereal). Instead I used regular chocolate (too soft) and a mixture of bran flakes (increases potential for digestive disasters) and another flake cereal (too crunchy). Everyone else loved it and called it their crack, but when you know what it’s supposed to taste like then my attempt was a clear failure. Balls indeed.

Have a happy Halloween, everyone.

9 comments:

The Merry said...

I never judge people who bring fudge to the office. :)

One Crazy Penguin said...

I need to come work in your office! Sounds delicious!

SteveQ said...

I made fudge (and ate it) too! Fortunately, I'm not quite old enough yet to be stepping on my balls.

Jess said...

No one's judging you. We just wish you'd share with us as well!

MCM Mama said...

I'm in oreo deficit right now myself.

You must post your grandmother's recipe!

RunnuRMark said...

I typically try to stay away from the balls/fudge combo. Something about that doesn't sit quite right with me...

K said...

ha ha... you said 'balls'.

Jamie said...

mmm fudge. if I knew how to make good fudge I would constantly make it...

Nitmos said...

I believe you are supposed to hit the tennis ball with a "racket". That might be your problem. It'll work better that way.