Thursday, 21 October 2010

Three Things Thursday

1. I celebrated an anniversary recently. As of the end of September, I have lived in England for five years. I’ve lived in Nerdtown longer than any other single place* in my entire adult life. Freaky.
*In no particular order, I’ve also lived in DC, Edinburgh, NYC, Middle-of-Nowhere NH, and two Boston suburbs.

2. For the first time in four weeks I ran last night. It was awesome. And cold. And kinda dark which made it a bit scary on the towpath at times. But I ran and it was great. My reason for running was guilt. I ate four cupcakes yesterday (DON’T JUDGE ME!). Running just over 5k burned off the calories of only one of them (FUCK OFF!).

3. To prevent further encouragement of my blogging Tourette’s, I will now show you pretty pictures. These are from the middle 3k of my 5k route. The beginning and end of my route are in my immediate neighborhood which is less pretty. Enjoy.

I like the English tradition of naming houses.



Former schoolhouse.

The vicarage.

12th century church.

Foot bridge.


Lock.

Stone bridge near the lock.

The towpath.

Herd of Oreo cookie cows.

Lovely end to the day.

Later gators.

13 comments:

Jamoosh said...

Mmmmm, Oreo Cookie Cows: Dinner and Dessert!

Turi said...

That's a great sunset, but wow - Oreo cows...

Haliku said...

Nice pics! I really need to get over there to have an easier adventure one of these days. Guessing the cupcakes were really good or the stress was really bad?!? Cheers!

SteveQ said...

I named my house once, but I forgot what it's called! "Pressboard sanitarium?"

Nitmos said...

What, no 7-Eleven's over there?

Jamie said...

happy living situation anniversary :) congrats on getting out there. love the route!

Viper said...

The old apartment buildings in Akron (including ours) all have names, which I think is awesome. Cheers!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

I like the English tradition of naming houses.

I like the English tradition of Rum, Sodomy and the Lash.

Not necessarily in that order. But that order is fine, too.

Deb said...

Purty pictures AND angry cussing? You rock.

Jess said...

So jealous of the beautiful scenery!

MCM Mama said...

Great pictures! I could stand to run in an area like that. ;o)

Scarlett Elliewood said...

So, so beautiful! I'm def doing a race in the UK in 2011!

I've lived in my current apartment for five years now too, which is the longest I've ever lived anywhere but my parents'. Makes me feel pretty old!

RunnuRMark said...

Those are some fantastic pictures. Thanks for taking some (ever so brief, I'm sure) breaks in the middle of your run just for our entertainment!