Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Tuesday Ten

1. I ran on Sunday – four miles instead of my regular three. Woo.

2. Sadness.

3. I finally solved my housing problem for the first half of 2011. I’m no longer flirting with homelessness. Woo.

4. You can blame Merry for this one. She’s the one who brought it up.


5. Here’s an interesting article in The New Yorker about procrastination. Feel free to put off reading it till later.

6. I finally listened to the lyrics of this song and realized it’s an ode to break-up sex. For the sake of everyone, I’ll leave off commenting any further on that.

7. For my diss, I’ve been reading a lot about hard wood recently. Take that as you will.

8. I forgot it was Guy Fawkes Night on Friday. There was a big fireworks display over the weekend with the customary burning of Fawkes’ effigy. Gotta love how the repressed English express themselves sometimes.

9. Favorite quote of the moment: ‘An education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.’ – Terry Pratchett

10. A recent email reminded me that I still have two bottle openers to give away. I’ll try to get around to that sometime soon. Hopefully even this year.

Later gators.

10 comments:

Jamoosh said...

Sadly, I like that movie (Music and Lyrics).

Four miles instead of three! Going forth I will expect consistent over-achievement!

The Merry said...

Weird. For some reason, the link tells me that songs about break-up sex aren't allowed in my country due to copyright laws. Sheesh. They think America ain't got songs about break-up sex? Okay, so I can't think of any right off the top of my head, but I know we have them. Somewhere.
And my humble apologies for making your heart go 'pop' like that :(

Go going on the run -- you are gold AND silver, woman!

Viper said...

It seems that the only jobs higher degrees are good for are jobs in higher education. Kudos on the extra mile. Cheers!

Keith said...

Odd flavour to the blog today. Maybe you overdid the salt.

Xenia said...

Merry--I think I fixed the link now. Stupid YouTube copyright laws.

Nitmos said...

I'm just envious you could compile a list of ten of anything. Whenever I try to do a list...I get stuck at 3. :(

One Crazy Penguin said...

That song always makes me laugh. So bad, but so good!

K said...

wtf is up with that song? why is there some random guy dancing in the background. love the 80s.

RunnuRMark said...

Glad to hear you've found a place to stay next year. Apparently it wasn't at the gladiator house. And I feel it's my duty to say that your bottle openers are awesome and they do a damn fine job of opening your favorite brew. And a damn fine job of just hanging on the fridge, looking phallic.

Carolina John said...

I thought for sure Nitmos could count to at least 4.

are you in the mood for some makeup sex? I think you're giving us tmi.