Friday, 17 December 2010

A day in pictures

This was my Wednesday.

Foggy commute into town.

Crossing the bridge.

The High street.

Cheerful greeting from the Vodaphone shop.

The gates to hell. Doors to the library. Needed to get some quality nerd time in before departing.

My ride to Heathrow.

Making my way to the terminal.

Waiting area until gate is announced.

Thought someone might like to see this. £300 (roughly US $450) for one bottle. Is that stuff made out of gold or something?

Harrods at Heathrow.

Fellow traveler.

Lunch at Yo Sushi.

Please hurry up and call my gate already.

Complimentary reading material at the gate.

My chariot awaits.


Worst seat assignment ever. I was on the poop deck. It was pretty shitty. Richard Branson, why do you torment me so?


At least there was entertainment of my choosing. By the way, Clash of the Titans sucked big hairy monkey balls. Way to destroy a classic, dipshits.

Are we there yet?

Getting closer…

My ride home. Boston airport doesn’t allow photographs to be taken inside and I had to haul ass to catch my courtesy bus to the rental car place, hence the gap in photos here.

Remember, X, stay on the right side of the road.

Quick stop at the Christmas Tree Shop for stocking essentials and a potty break. Also I was feeling a bit nauseous so walking around for a bit helped with that.

Running to the border for dinner.

Greeted at home by my furball and…

a year’s worth of mail to go through.

Joy.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

20 comments:

Jamoosh said...

Welcome back!

Morgan said...

Welcome home chica!!! Man I am exhausted just seeing all those pics I can't imagine what you must be feeling!!!

Pam said...

Welcome home!!!

Jamie said...

Welcome home! Glad you made it out before the weather hit. Enjoy the year of mail :)

The Merry said...

I just know the furball was delighted to see you. Cats just don't do the effusive greeting stuff like dogs.
Welcome back!

Keith said...

My brother might have been flying the plane you took, if it was a Virgin Atlantic flight. Not really likely, but you never know. I wonder why some think that taking photographs is a dangerous activity? I'm pretty sure your cat has forgotten all about you. Sorry, but it's true, that's just the way cats are. I figure you can safely shred all that mail and not waste any time dealing with it. If you haven't needed it in so far, you aren't likely to need it now. You realize all your friends are going to complain about your corrupted accent now.

joyRuN said...

Welcome stateside!

Anything joyful in your mail?

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

That cat wants to fucking kill you. Note the look in its eyes. While you're foolishly worried about Richard Branson - famous tosser, wanker and jackanapes¹ - that cat is gonna kill you in your sleep.

My advice?

Don't sleep.

Welcome back.

PS: Ignore the PS in my e-mail to you. Because unless you're retarded, you must by now already know what I inform you of in it because see above.
______
¹ Whose personal e-mail address, by the way, is noreply-comment@blogger.com

SteveQ said...

I'll be sending you an email in a few minutes (lucky you!) I've had 15 or 16 year-old Laphraoig and enjoyed it immensely, though the 10 year-old is skull-cracking hangover inducement. I'd like to try the older versions, but they're just a little out of my price range.

I think I'm leaving myself open to jokes about enjoying 15 year-olds in more than whiskey...

SteveQ said...

And I think the cat's reaction is "You were gone?"

Carolina John said...

Have a great holiday girl. Enjoy your time stateside.

Deb said...

WELCOME HOME!!! I'm glad you arrived safely, though Glaven's right about that scowling feline of yours - sleep with one eye open and a hammer at the ready.

Also, that is one whole YEAR full of mail? That looks like a typical Monday to me.

rssasrb said...

Loved your day in pictures. What a great idea. Hope you have a great visit home.

MCM Mama said...

Welcome back! Have a lovely time visiting your family!

BrianFlash said...

Gotta love Virgin Atlantic. So much better then BA.

That Taco Bell will kill you slowly by the way.

Have a great visit!

Nitmos said...

Should have went with Cyrus.

Merry said...

I am so glad you got out while the getting was good!

Laura said...

Welcome home, and Merry Christmas!

K said...

welcome back, yank. BTW, I made that Shakshuka recipe you posted few weeks back. OMG. the. best. thing.ever.

Viper said...

I'd be looking a couple shelves lower. That stuff that's been aged 20+ years is crazy expensive. I mean, could you wait that long to drink delicious Scotch? Welcome back. Cheers!