Wednesday, 22 December 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

There were moose tracks in the driveway last week. Still haven’t seen one of the track-makers though.

It’s been a week already. How does the time go by so quickly?

It’s snowing outside.
Yes, that is a real outhouse in the backyard.

The furball is snoozing.
Or he would be if I wasn’t disturbing him.

And I’ve been letting my long dormant crafty side out to play.
Starting small.

I’ve earned one HBBC point since I’ve been back. Impressive, no? I’ve kind of lost the will to do much of anything that’s not family or holiday related. I’m not going to berate myself for it though. I think I’m just burnt out from everything. Some downtime (i.e. sloth and indulgence) is needed right now. I’ll worry about my 99 problems after Christmas.

Show and tell
Some peeps in the blogosphere have been posting photos of some of their Christmas tree ornaments. Since I have nothing better to write, I thought I’d join in too.
This one was a gift from one of Momma X’s work colleagues many years ago. It never fails to make me laugh. Santa is either taking an icy shit or Mrs Clause must have a very sore vajayjay.

I purchased these two ornaments. I found the pickle at a Michael’s a long time ago and was struck by the absurdity of a Christmas pickle so I had to buy it. The other was a gift to Momma X about four years ago. She’s a big mystery fan so a Sherlock Holmes ornament seemed appropriate for her tree.

Another of my purchases—say hello to Sniper Santa.

The last of the packages arrived in the post today so I guess it’s finally time for me to wrap presents. Sounds like a good time for some Christmas music and tree light ambiance.

This is my last post for the week so I’d like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and (just in case I don’t post for a while) a safe and happy new year.

Later gators.

14 comments:

Viper said...

Nice ornaments. I like your star-bellied penguin. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year if we don't hear from you until then. Cheers!

Nitmos said...

The S.H. ornament is awesome. If it were to come up missing, what would it theoretically go for on the open market?

The Merry said...

Sniper Santa! I love it. Bet that one just sleighs you every time.

Oh come on. I had to. What's Christmas without awful puns?

Hope your holidays are full of good things to eat and drink and good people to eat and drink with!

MCM Mama said...

That top ornament just cracks me up!

Merry Christmas! Enjoy your time at home!

Laura said...

HA! That icicle hanging from Santa's butt is ridiculous.

I haven't put up my tree or decorated yet, but maybe I'll join the trend and post when I do.

LynnZMommy said...

Just thought I'd share that the pickle ornament has a bit of tradition. I think it started in Germany, but an adult is supposed to hide it in the tree and the first one to find it gets a special gift. Anyway, Happy Holidays!

One Crazy Penguin said...

Those ornaments are great! I especially live your home made ones.

Merry Christmas!

Carolina John said...

That giant santa ornament is hilarious! Have a great christmas Xenia.

Sun Runner said...

I see you have an "under cover" kitty as well. My Boo loves to be under the covers. All I have to do is lift the edge and say, "Do you want to come under?" and he zips in, turns around, and snuggles into my arm. It's the cutest thing ever...

Merry Christmas!

SteveQ said...

Just got your package in the mail. I wonder what it could be?!

Is the PO Box return address because you're in the boondocks or just a Xenia-like security measure (we stalkers need to know)?

btw, LOVE the ornaments!

Deb said...

Just so you know - those moose tracks in the driveway were MINE. I was gonna pop in and introduce myself but now that I see you have an armed Father Christmas I guess I'll leave you in peace.

Merry, merry Christmas!!!!

SteveQ said...

Lovin' the Popener. Thanx!

joyRuN said...

The post office delivery person can't even FIND your house, hence the PO Box address.

Icicle-impacted Santa is my favorite!

chia said...

Wow Santa... I never knew...

Happy ho-ho's dahling!!!