Friday, 10 December 2010

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

We’re having a HEAT WAVE! Today’s high was 43 F (6 C) with a feels like of 39 F (4 C)—that’s about 15 degrees (Fahrenheit wise) higher than the average temperature for the last couple of weeks. Me likey.

On Wednesday I purchased gel-cushioned heel inserts. I wore them yesterday and had no heel pain. Today I ran 3 miles with my regular Superfeet inserts and no pain. I’m also incorporating daily arch strengthening exercises. Things seem to be looking up finally.

Don’t forget about the bizarre bottle opener giveaway. One of those would make an awesome awful interesting stocking stuffer. You have until Sunday to enter by leaving a guess on that post. Get a move on, people.

Speaking of Sunday, I’ll be running a race that day.

Look familiar? Yes, folks, for the second year in a row I’ll be ho-ing myself all over town. You’re jealous. I can tell.

Five days until I fly home!!! I don’t think I’ve ever been this desperate to get the hell out of Nerdtown before. It’s lovely here, but I need a break. Badly.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Later gators.

11 comments:

Jamoosh said...

Ho, ho, ho!

SteveQ said...

They say that here we're going to get another foot of snow in 12 hours, then the temperature drops to -15 (-25C). Nerdtown sounds like heaven to me just now.

The Merry said...

Um... you might want to have your flight detoured to the Bahamas. I don't think the Northeast is terribly warm just now.

If you get a chance to capture your ho-ho glory in that outfit, do please feel free to share it with us :)

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

In Nerdtown (which has that weird smell)
Lives Xenia (who's Santa, as well)
Though many laws bar it,
She runs like a "harot" ...
What's wrong with that word? There's Noel.

Good luck in your race, Santa Whoo-wer.

Tricia said...

have fun!

Viper said...

I can't believe I'm the first to say it: Good luck, ho. And if I don't get a chance to say it in the next five days, safe travels. Cheers!

One Crazy Penguin said...

Ho it up like a pro!

The joke just never gets old....

Jamie said...

is there anyway you can send the heat wave this way? have fun hoing around town :)

Scarlett Elliewood said...

1. Hooray for Euro heatwaves!2. I hope that PF goes away very soon. Ouch. 3. Hooray for home oh so soon!!

Deb said...

Good luck!

Laura said...

Looks like I did my blog catch up JUST in time. I'm doing a Christmas Marathon on Saturday- any tips for finding a Santa/Mrs. Claus/Elf/other holiday costume that will be comfortable enough to wear for a full marathon?