Tuesday, 25 January 2011

Exposing myself

Thank you all for the kind words on the last post. Oddly enough, the reality of it still hasn’t hit me. Probably because I still have yet to discuss the actual details with my new boss. That should be sometime today, I believe.

Yesterday I finally cracked and went for my first run in just over two weeks—a simple three miler. There was A LOT of rust to knock off—lots of phantom twinges and my legs felt like lead. My time for that run was god awful, but that’s to be expected with the lack of any kind of training over the last few months.

Today I’m actually a bit sore from the run, mostly my thighs and calves but it’s not bad. Just a reminder that I need to get off my ass more often.

Since I have nothing else of interest to say, I thought I’d appease the Grand Poobah Nitmos and help perpetuate his internet meme. He showed us his, so now it’s time for me to show you mine.

No, not like that, pervs.

Here’s my home 'office'.

The desk and chair I inherited from my friend Canadia when she moved. The desk is a bit too tall for the chair so I have to sit on my folded up quilt so my arms don’t fall asleep while I’m typing. I know that probably doesn’t make sense to you guys, but it does to me.

This little stand came with the apartment. Since my desk is really only a table, I purchased some baskets and then shoved my office supplies in them. My printer-scanner is also on the stand, on top of which I put my eyeglass case (no idea why) and various cords. That’s my file container and a small storage bin under the desk which I put my feet on sometimes. There’s not a huge amount of space in my flat so that’s the only place it can go really.

The books, articles and random notes I need to consult on a frequent basis piled on my table since my desk cannot handle the load (that’s what she said).

Totally interesting, right? Yeah, I didn’t think so.

Anyhoo, that’s it from me. Hope those experiencing arctic temperatures get a reprieve from Old Man Winter soon. Stay warm, everyone!

Later gators.

10 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

How CUTE!!

What an organised workspace...not at all like I expected. I thought I'd see Greek Urns, old bones, some sort of fossil collection along with a spade or two, not to mention work boots.

Have a great recovery run and yes, let's twin it at the pool!

GeorgiaSnail said...

I'd run without a watch for the next few runs...don't worry about time- run for the enjoyment of running...

The Merry said...

Far too neat... you're making me look bad. Well, the neatness plus the getting-out-and-running part :)

RunnuRMark said...

Oh. That's not what I thought it was going to be. Damn. What has the Internet come to these days.

Viper said...

Well, good job getting out for the run. Cheers!

Nitmos said...

First, congrats on the job...no doubt a new, larger desk is awaiting you.

Second, you should have followed everyone else and ignored me. I believe you are the only one that posted a picture.

Keith said...

It was warm enough to run in shorts today! So I did. Nice. Since you exposed yourself, I will too.
My current office.
http://keithsodyssey.blogspot.com/2010/02/hypo-half-followup-photo-for-san.html

My old computer, on a desk I use sometimes, if I must, if my wife has taken over the one upstairs.
http://keithsodyssey.blogspot.com/2010/04/views.html
First photo. Yes, I'm a Mac guy. However did you guess?

joyRuN said...

Congratulations on the job!!!

And yes - your space is very neat & tidy. I'm not even going to post the disaster that I wade through every day.

Aileen Ruane said...

I like your workspace! Mine is looking similar, and I'm not nearly as far along as you, which worries me.

Don't worry about the run! Trust me, it feels like it takes forever to get back into it, but it comes eventually. You can do it! Just remember to foam roll.

Jess said...

Looks neat and tidy!