Monday, 24 January 2011

Holding my breath wasn't such a good idea

You weren't the only ones who had to wait an extra three days to find out the news. My weekend was a bit of a mess to say the least. Ironically, the long-awaited email was sent to me today when I had just left the house for a run.

I got the job!

This means I'll be living in England a bit longer. I'll also be moving to a new town at some point. I still have to hash out the details with my new employer. Oh, and I still need to finish my dissertation.

Better get on that.

Thank you all for your patience and support. I really appreciate it.

Much love,
-X

25 comments:

RunnuRMark said...

Congrats! Your new employer obviously went out and found your blog and read all of the wonderful comments about you. You can thank us all properly after your first paycheck. Maybe mail some fish n' chips?

Keith said...

Yay! Now you have no excuse to not get the great never ending dissertation done and over with.

The Merry said...

YES!!!

Lily on the Road said...

A BIG CONGRAT'S... so, what are you doing, where are you going to live, when am I coming over to visit.....

Razz said...

Nice job, X! Very exciting news!

Theresa said...

Woohoo!!! Doing the snoopy dance for you! Perhaps I can come visit sometime. :)

Theresa said...

Oh, and finish your dissertation already. ;)

SteveQ said...

No more Nerdtown... what's the next village nickname going to be, I wonder? Congrats on beating me to gainfully-employed status.

McB said...

Woot! Congrats!

Viper said...

Congrats on the employment. Now finish that damned dissertation already. Cheers!

Sal said...

Major congrats!

One Crazy Penguin said...

Woohoo! Huge congrats!

Jess said...

Congrats!

MCM Mama said...

Woohoo! Congrats!

GeorgiaSnail said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!

Jamoosh said...

Woo hoo!

Brilliant.

orangehands said...

Congratulations!

Deb said...

YES!!!!!!! Soooo happy for you!!!

Pam said...

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLS YEAH!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Jamie said...

Yea!!!! Congrats!

Aileen Ruane said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are my graduate student inspiration :)

Jumper 2.0 said...

Woo Hoo!

Scarlett E said...

Oh yeah!!!!!!!!1

The Laminator said...

Woot woot! Congrat X!

Morgan said...

Congrats on scoring the job girl!!! No deportation of any such nonsense for you!!!