Wednesday, 2 February 2011

My precious

I forgot to show you guys what Santa gave me for Christmas.

No, not a lump of coal. Smart asses.

Best. Running. Partner. Ever.

No more bothersome armband to deal with. The only issue now (besides the fact I ended that last sentence in a preposition) is getting used to the touch control thing (t.w.s.s.). I have an old school cell phone so I'm not up on the whole iPhone touch pad thing that my new little ipod nano has. Sometimes I change the song without realizing it. I'll learn one of these days.

I usually clip it to the collar of my shirt when I go for a run. So far my sweat hasn't bothered it but since it's winter I don't sweat all that much. The true test will be summer running. Perhaps by then Apple will have created a chic little wetsuit for it. WANT!

Anyway, Happy Hump Day, everyone. And for all of you who just got buried in a foot plus of snow...sucks to be you.

Later gators.

14 comments:

Jamoosh said...

And a US coin - sweet!

GeorgiaSnail said...

What's a quarter worth over there anyways? $0.22?

RunnuRMark said...

Wow, Santa brought you a quarter. Lucky! Pretty sure I would fry that ipod in no time with all the moisture I expose my equipment to.

Jess said...

iPods don't fare well in rain, but they seem to do just fine with sweat.

Viper said...

Thankfully, we only have coating of ice to deal with, so that's cool. Congrats on the new techno gear. Cheers!

Morgan said...

Awww Santa was very good to you!

Pam said...

Yeah but "no more bothersome armband with which to wrestle" just sounds a little stuffy. Even for someone living in England. haha

The Merry said...

Hmmn... sounds like somebody was a very good girl this year ;)

Nitmos said...

I got one of these too. I haven't tried out the clip thingy as it stashes in my winter jacket this time of year so....good to know that clip thingy may actually work. I've been skeptical.

The Enthusiast said...

Yay for running with music! I have an old school nano but never really exposed it to rain. I have been known to put ziploc baggies over small pieces of technology, like my bike computer - it might look lame, but it works!

Carolina John said...

cool earbuds. you picked up a real score there.

actually the new nano's are pretty neat. i have a tough time with the screen size though.

GeorgiaSnail said...

Her full name is actually "Fatty Fat Fat McFatpants"...we call her fatpants or fatty for short...

joyRuN said...

YAY!!

I need my running music - my shuffle's been holding up, thank goodness, & it also clips to my shirt so I don't have to deal w/ the armband thing.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

I am making an effort to rejoin the blogospheric community for real - i.e., as my old dickish self - but I reckon before I do I should thank everyone who was so thoughtful to me during my family's latest crisis.

So that means you, X.

So ... Thanks.