Wednesday, 16 February 2011

Speed bumps

Previously I mentioned that I am doing the Couch to 5K program with my friend, Red. Well, there have been some issues. A day after the first run, Red experienced some mild lower back pain. We thought this was just the normal muscles aches from starting a new exercise program. A day after the second run, Red had severe back pain for the next few days. We have no idea what happened. Red’s running form seemed fine, she’s got decent trainers and she regularly cycles.

So we took a week off and tried again yesterday. The run went fine, but shortly after she got back home, she proceeded to vomit uncontrollably. She was fine an hour later, just tired. Today she’s doing fine and *knock on wood* doesn’t have any back pain or stomach upset whatsoever.

We’re going to continue with re-doing Week 1 of the program this week as long as there are no further problems. It seems the stomach issue was a one-off thing, but if you guys have any insight into the potential causes of the back pain, we’d be interested in hearing them.

Say that again?
My mobile (sorry, cell phone) has predictive text. I leave it on because it increases my texting speed which can be categorized as glacial at best. However, sometimes it’s more trouble than it’s worth. A recent text to my friend Geordie was meant to say “I have tea and snacks here if you want to come over.” Instead it changed ‘snacks’ to ‘smacks’. Inviting, no?

The phone also regularly types ‘ho’ in place of ‘in’. You think it’s trying to tell me something?

Earworm Special
I watched a movie trailer today for a film called Take Me Home Tonight. Wanna guess what song was in the trailer? Here ya go.



Later gators.

13 comments:

SteveQ said...

Someone recently got me to the site "Damn You, AutoCorrect!" My favorite changed "He used to help out my mother" to "He used to whore out my mother."

I think I'll forgo that accessory.

Lily on the Road said...

Just checking in....I've really nothing to add...

Jess said...

Is your friend Red pregnant?

Pam said...

That web site SteveQ mentioned is hilarious. I've sat for an hour or better before going through the archives.

A couple of days ago I texted my friend asking, "What kind of shoes did you get?" Only it changed shoes to shits.

Viper said...

Jess beat me to it. Your friend's totally got a bun in the oven.

The Enthusiast said...

Aside from the baby possibility, maybe a pinched nerve? I've had on again/off again issues with pinched nerves in the lower back and it seems the strangest things trigger the pain. But, I am no doctor. Hope the future training goes off without a hitch.

The Merry said...

I sometimes get back spasms when running, and trust me, there's no bun. I always figured it was something in my form that was bad. (Bad form! No doughnut!)

MCM Mama said...

I got nothin...

Except that darned song stuck in my head...

joyRuN said...

Someone had posted some of the predictive text boo-boos a couple of months ago - it was hilarious, but I can't remember where I saw the daggone thing.

I texted an ex-coworker that I "kissed" her instead of "missed" her at work. Ah well.

Spike said...

Eddie $ is a God, I just wish more people understood this. Also, perhaps your phone is working less on auto-correct and more on Freud-interpretation. Or you phone is stupid like my phone is stupid. Imagine being a lawyer and getting assess wrong..lots.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Screw you, your fucking phone, your friend Red, Eddie Mahoney AND the who-werse you all rode in on!

ZOMG!1! I wrote, "Hi, Xenia. How's my favorite Archaeologist? Hope you and Red and Eddie Money are all well! Text me!1!" and Auto-correct turned it into what you see above!

How did Auto-correct know what I was actually thinking?

Another great texting site:

When Parents Text

Nitmos said...

Is Red a heavy drinker? My liver always aches after the first few swills of rum.

Laura said...

You definitely need to check out http://www.damnyouautocorrect.com :)