Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Joy and sorrow


I triumphed last week! I ran ten miles, my first double digit weekly mileage of 2011. About damn time. I also ran on Monday with Red so this week is off to a good start too. It makes me happy.

What doesn’t make me happy is trying to find a new apartment before July 1st. Complicating the situation is that my new city is an hour and a half away from Nerdtown by train, so I’m having to load up apartment viewings into one day when I’ll already be in town for a staff meeting at my job. Bah. My hope of getting a cat in the near future is also being dashed as almost no landlord will allow pets. Douchenozzles.

In turn, my current apartment is being viewed by prospective tenants. There was a bit of a cock-up yesterday as the estate agent and prospective tenant arrived unannounced for a morning viewing. Thankfully I was showered and dressed, but I had to make a mad dash to collect my dirty clothes off the floor before I could let them in. Kinda forgot about the bras and running socks drying in the bathroom though. Eh, can’t win them all.

5 comments:

SteveQ said...

I had a girlfriend once who always rented places with a no pets policy and snuck in her cat anyway. Once the landlords found out, they always said, "Well, it doesn't seem to have caused any problems, so it's okay." If it had been me, I'd be given 24 hours notice to vacate. Feel lucky?

Viper said...

Good luck finding a new place and congrats getting above 9 miles. Cheers!

The Merry said...

Good job on the running! I'm proud of you, with everything else you've got going on.
I don't think the underclothes hanging out to dry are that bad. What bugged me when I went house-hunting was the house where the kitchen sink was full of greasy breakfast dishes. Sad to say, I'd recommend you avoid bacon for a while.

Jamoosh said...

Wait - isn't there a special couple you could move in with. It would certainly give you some material to write about...

MCM Mama said...

WTG on the 10 miles. Good luck on the apartment hunt!