Friday, 13 May 2011

Miracle in Nerdtown

I’ve been back almost a week and I’m still eating like I’m in Italy (miniscule breakfast, normal lunch, big afternoon snack and a really late dinner). However, I am sleeping much better here thanks to not being right next to a bakery which woke me up every morning at 6ish with the revving up of its squeaky mixing machine. Oh, and I’m also running again.

Yes, you read that right. I’ve actually been running. THREE TIMES this week. It’s a miracle! Someone call Benny with the news.

Now that I’m back in Nerdtown, I’ve been running with Red again. Unlike her running mentor (improbably, that’s me), she kept up running a two mile route three times a week while I was away. And I did squat. I like to lead by example, you know.

When I returned, she wanted to run together again, so I chose a different route for us and made her run an extra 0.7 miles because I’m an awesome friend that way. We took it easy and did the two mile route this morning since we were both feeling groggy.

All in all I’m happy to get back into the swing of things. I’m even hoping to get in a solo run this weekend to bring my weekly mileage into the double digits...for the first time this year. God, I’ve been a slacker. No time like the present to change that though.

Happy weekend, everyone.

3 comments:

Lily on the Road said...

I've never used Xenia and slacker in the same sentence, EVER!!

Glad you're back and into the swinging England scene...kinda missed ya!

Jamoosh said...

I have not done a double digit run, much less a double digit week since the beginning of April. You are my hero!

Deb said...

THREE times? In ONE week? GAWD!!! you're absolutely NEVER going to finish that dissertation!

I jest, of course. Running will make you even more productive, I am absolutely certain of it.

Way to go!