Wednesday, 1 June 2011

Meh

I didn't run last week. Have yet to run this week. Last month's running mileage didn't even average 5 miles per week.

Pathetic.

But I don't have time to be too bothered by it or the fact that I feel like a beached whale. I'm still dealing with the dissertation that won't die. After two trips last week to my new town to view apartments and a false hope about one, I finally got an apartment. Well, I'll be moving into a studio this month until renovation of my one-bedroom apartment is completed in September. The wait and the double move will be worth it though.

Today I stopped in to the department to drop off some forms. Since I was there I thought it was about time I took the rest of my stuff out of my locker as I'll be packing over the next couple of weeks in preparation for the move. It was a little more depressing than I had anticipated. I didn't have much left--a few books, a notebook, a pencil case, a couple of mementos.

I also nicked my mug. The department kitchen has a hodgepodge of mugs left there over the years. I randomly picked one when I started working there and have used it religiously ever since.

The Fish of Meh.

Now I can't bear to give it up, so it's moving with me. And I thought I wasn't sentimental. Ha!

On an(other) unrelated note, how the hell is it June already?! Where did the first five months of this year go? I want my money back dammit!

4 comments:

SteveQ said...

I had a collection of mugs marked "Norb's 55 East, 1973" and broke the last one about 5 years ago. People sent me condolence cards. Since then, I've been using "Knickerbocker Saloon 150th Anniversary 1835-1885" ones - three down, five left.

The Merry said...

I thought the tradition was to steal a stapler when you leave a place, but a mug is pretty good too. It's all about the symbolism.

Viper said...

Congrats on finding an apartment. Good luck with the move. How about you not try to do a million stressful things on top of trying to finish that dissertation, m-kay? Cheers!

One Crazy Penguin said...

That may be the best mug that I have ever seen.

Also, I'm with you! Where the heck did the year go!?! How is it June already and who approved of this? Certainly not me!