Tuesday, 16 August 2011

Sew what

I know I've only lost six pounds of the regained weight, but I must say it's already made a difference. It's no longer a struggle to get into my jeans and the focus on healthy eating has made me feel better in general.

But I still suck with the running. One three-miler last week and jack-all since then. Eight weeks to the half marathon and I'm still not feeling it. I really need to find a way to hobble the Sloth Monster that has taken hold of my motivation.

In other news, I'm up to my ears in work and yet I still find time to fart around. After I made the prototype ID tag (by the way, I have an entirely new design for it which I plan to sew up once I actually start running again), I made my first ever pillow. Then, a few days later, I made another to accompany it.
Jane Austen and Mr. Darcy.

They were simple sewing projects but I am super proud of them. You'd think I'd invented the wheel or something. I've got a slew of crafting projects in my head now which is not convenient since I've got a bunch of work to catch up on first. Oh, and get some running in too.

Stupid responsibilities.

10 comments:

Viper said...

Is that the Colin Firth Darcy? I hate that I even know that. Good luck getting your motivation back. Cheers!

SteveQ said...

Jane's got no chin, but... nice rack! Are the pillows useable or merely decorative?

The Merry said...

6 pounds :)

Deb said...

Congrats on the weight loss!!! Also, nice pillows.

K said...

Sorry I thought that was Joseph Smith and his (first) wife Emma.

Carolina John said...

Good job making stuff! I love being able to work with my hands and produce something. Always makes me feel useful to the rest of the family.

Aka Alice said...

I find that I can get super crafty when I have other "stuff" to do :)

Yay on the 6lbs!

SJ @ Homemaker On A Dime said...

Hi, friend! You've got so much creativity and I'm admiring them all. Can you share your creative posts at my Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there :)

The Merry said...

Everything okay there in Xenia-land? Your academic work all going tickety-boo and the running copacetic?
Just checking.

ejorpin said...

Nice pillows and hooray for the scales dropping!

And yes, stupid responsibilities indeed! I have a notebook chock full of craft project ideas and not enough time to do them all (and I don't even do paid work). Sigh.