Tuesday, 13 September 2011

Pillows and elephants

My sister is doing the Walk to End Alzheimer's this weekend in Chicago. This is a cause very dear to her heart as her bf's father suffers from it. There is no cure and no way to slow it down, so Z has been doing all she can to raise money for Alzheimer's research.

To help my sister and her good works, I'm holding a raffle. What am I raffling off? Why Jane Austen and Mr Darcy pillow covers, of course!


Prize details: Two pillow covers with envelope closures. Each is 18" by 18", made of unbleached calico with black felt silhouettes appliqued onto the pillows. Pillow inserts not included.

How to enter the raffle: Donate to my sister's fundraising page! Every dollar donated gets you an entry into the raffle. Email me (ukxenia at gmail dot com) after to confirm your donation amount and to give me your mailing address.

Deadline: Raffle ends this Friday, September 16th at 5 pm GMT (noon EST).

Why: Because (1) It's a very worthy cause, (2) you really want these pillow covers, (3) I'm asking nicely (for once), and (4) you'll still get something even if you lose out on the raffle.

All donators will get a felt elephant & forget me not brooch as a thank you for donating to Alzheimer's research.


These brooches were designed by Z and me and sewn by yours truly. If you don't want to wear it as a brooch, you can quite easily convert it into an ornament with a bit of thread or ribbon or even a fridge magnet with a little glue and a small magnet.

I know money is tight for all of us these days, but a donation doesn't have to be large. Every little bit helps. Just one dollar gets you a chance at the pillows and this cute (if I do say so myself) brooch.

All right, I've done my good deed for the day. I can go back to being my regular cranky self now. Thank god.

1 comment:

ejorpin said...

Those elephants are very awesome! I am a bit jealous of your sewing neatness :)