Tuesday, 31 January 2012

The dry spell has ended


I ran yesterday morning for the first time in five and a half months. (Yes, you read that right - 5.5 months.) It was snowing. Well, flurries, but that's unusual for around here so worth noting. The pace was slow and there was a lot of rust to knock off, but I felt good afterward. Today I'm just hella sore. From two miles. Crikey.

Tuesday's trifecta:
1 - Walk for 30 minutes.
2 - format and edit tables in section 8.2 (Stop judging me. There are a shit ton of tables in this section.)
3 - add 50 more entries to catalogue spreadsheet (Ditto comment above.)

UPDATE: Done, done and done. Another successful day.

This crap is on top of having to listen to presentations for at least half the day. Woo.

8 comments:

Sun Runner said...

Love the dino pic. :)

I didn't run for three months after my calf injury last spring. That first half mile, boy, did I ever feel creaky!

It does get better, though. Just a little bit at a time.

My company is now archiving dissertations from the U.K. (Index To Theses...we bought them a while back or something). Perhaps I shall see yours in my pile of work to catalog someday??

Carolina John said...

Cool! Way to knock it down.

Lily on the Road said...

your're kicking my A$$ girlfriend...I'll answer you tag when the 800lbs of mucus leaves my head.

Viper said...

I challenge you to post dino pics for every blog this month--go! Good job getting out there. Cheers!

Jamoosh said...

Baby steps!

Nitmos said...

Two miles after not running for 5.5? That's not too bad. Maybe if you waited 11 months, you could have started with 4 miles. Or doesn't it work that way?

Deb said...

Way to go!!!!

joyRuN said...

Alright, now you're making me feel like a fucking slacker.

One thing on my 3 for today was vacuum.

Guess what didn't happen today?