Wednesday, 25 January 2012

Tag and release

joyRuN tagged me with a meme and since I’ve not posted anything in three weeks, I thought I’d give it a go. And so I have.

THE RULES
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this’. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.

RANDOM THINGS
1. Every morning I apply moisturizer to my face as if it were war paint.
2. My future brother-in-law has asked that I not be sarcastic at the wedding. My sister has requested that I smile a lot and be very outgoing on the day as well. I can already foresee my utter failure.
3. For Christmas I made my mom a cross stitch sampler that says “Eat my balls”. She loved it.
4. I cried like a baby when I got to my mom’s house for the holidays last month because it was the first time in seventeen years that the furball wasn’t there to greet me at the door.
5. I’m in the process of decorating my apartment with toilet roll art. Fo realz.
6. I really like my job. The work I do is interesting and the people I work with are awesome, smart and make me laugh. I’m a lucky bitch.
7. A co-worker and I are thinking of attending the Jane Austen Festival in Bath in September. I’m even considering wearing period dress…if I’m drunk enough.
8. There are now more crafts blogs than running blogs in my Google Reader.
9. I’ve walked along a part of Hadrian’s Wall and hugged the tree that was in a scene from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. I was told afterward that the tree is a popular urination target.
10. I’m afraid if I ever met Colin Firth in person, I’d be unable to supress the urge to dry-hump his leg like one of those little rat-dogs celebrities carry around in purses.
11. Part of me wants to continue living in England. (Other parts of me, like my teeth, do not.)

JOYRUN’S QUESTIONS
1. What are your go-to excuses?
The holy trinity:
--I’m tired.
--It’s late.
--I’ll do it tomorrow.

2. What’s your favorite WOD or running workout (distance/tempo/speedwork)?
Does sitting on my fat ass count? Before my re-acclimation to my sloth-like ways, I used to love easy middle distance runs with a few fartleks thrown in for good measure.

3. Do you track your dietary intake?
Yes and no. I’ll often go a few weeks tracking everything then stop for a while and then re-start again. Story of my life really.

4. What’s your favorite healthy meal?
Currently it's cauliflower crust pizza.

5. What’s your favorite cheat meal?
I have two. Cheese-laden chicken chimichangas and pastitsio.

6. Any nagging injuries that worry you?
Plantar fasciitis, but I think it’s now more the result of prolonged inactivity.

7. What book would you recommend?
For those who want a good laugh, read Good Omens: the nice and accurate prophecies of Agnus Nutter, witch by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman.

For Jane Austen fans, read Mr Darcy Takes a Wife, Linda Berdoll’s sequel to Pride and Prejudice. It’s well written and often hilarious as she portrays Darcy as an extremely devoted and utterly insatiable husband. Lucky Lizzy.

8. Have you ever been hospitalized?  If so, how were your nurses?
When I was a wee one, I had tubes put in my ears and my adenoids removed, but I don’t remember it. When I was about five or so, I sliced open the big toe on my right foot with a door. I had to get five stitches without any anaesthetic. I cried a bit, but apparently the nurse said I was way braver than any of the boys who’d come in for stitches. I liked her. As for least favorite nurse experience…I once had a nurse snap at me to ‘relax’ so she could perform a pelvic exam. Unfeeling cow. Not everyone enjoys having a cold metal duck bill shoved into their nether region. I almost told her she needed to buy me dinner first.

9. What look is more appealing to you? Designer well put together chic or a fit body dressed in workout clothes?
Fit body in workout clothes.

10. What’s your resting heart rate?
I’m crap at taking my pulse. I’m going to bet my number is just on the bad side of normal.

11. If you had no financial/physical limitations whatsoever, what would you do?
Go to Fiji.

11 NEW QUESTIONS:

1. Which movie/tv show/character most resembles your life?
2. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
3. What was your ultimate dipshit moment (so far)?
4. Marry, f*ck or kill: choose either group – (a) Val Kilmer (current, not young version), Kevin Federline and Russell Brand; (b) Lindsay Lohan, Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton.
5. Which country would you most likely be arrested in and/or shot at and why?
6. Which person (alive or dead) would you most want to bitchslap?
7. Which special talent or skill do you wish you had?
8. Who or what would you consider to be your archenemy?
9. Pop or soda?
10. What’s your favorite holiday?
11. How would you prefer the apocalypse to go down?

11 TAGGEES (I don’t care if you’ve already been tagged. Suck it up, buttercup.)
1. Lily
2. Karen
3. Keith
4. Razz
5. Merry
6. Joja Jogger
7. Scarlett
8. Mark
9. The Blonde
10. Viv
11. X-C2

And I’m spent.

12 comments:

K said...

i'm in... it had to be the current val kilmer??? jeez...

joyRuN said...

Woohoooo!!! Thank the lawd for these things ;)

PS - I'd kill Kevin Federline, f*ck Russell Brand, marry Val Kilmer. Kill all of group B. After I bitchslap them.

Keith said...

Was also tagged by SUAR, so I'll try to do you both. I mean I'll take care of both your needs. I mean, well, shit, you know what I mean. My response will be double duty and all. The things I do for my loyal readers. But not tonight.

Viv said...

HAHAHA! Thanks for the tag, I must comply.

I am loving the cross-stitch with Eat my Ball, LMFAO!!

Really your teeth is the only reason why you would not stay in England, oh la la!! I can think of 20 reasons and I do not even live in England. Put your American knickers on woman!

Viv said...

PS
sorry about Furball. I have that fear of going back and our 17 ear old doggie Lola not being there as well.

Scarlett said...

Thanks for tagging me! I feel famous. Will do this Friday or Sunday for sho!

Carolina John said...

I did this one today too. Great list!

I would fuck Kim Kardashitinhand, marry Hilton for the money, and Kill the lohan before she does it herself. or maybe marry the lohan because I know I would outlive her anyway, and who doesn't want to see hilton get shot in the face?

SteveQ said...

Thanks for being the first not to tag me today! Pastitsio... oh, how I want thee.

Nitmos said...

All of the coaches for my kids' soccer are from England (+ one Scot). We have so much soccer filled weekends I sometimes feel as if I'm in England. Surprisingly, their teeth are in pretty good shape though. However, they are a pasty faced bunch.

Keith said...

Huh, I ended up tagging Steve, and the Blonde. My criteria was that if they hadn't put their 11 things up, they were fair game. Mine is up. http://keithsodyssey.blogspot.com/2012/01/2x11-again.html

BrianFlash said...

Joy tagged me also but I prefer your questions to hers...

XLMIC said...

How is it that us X girls hadn't connected before this?

You asked the best questions I've seen in one of these memes so far.

And please tell me how to make cauliflower crust pizza!