Wednesday, 15 February 2012

Do you watch?

My vote goes to the zombies.

For Wednesday:
1 - Walk or something more energetic if I can be bothered.
2 - Edit section 8.2.1.
3 - Work on monograph outline.
UPDATE: Done x3.

After having not watched tv in the longest time, I've finally bothered to watch three different series recently: BBC's Sherlock, Game of Thrones and Once Upon a Time. The Sherlock series is fantastic and I think Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman were very well cast. I just wish there were more than three episodes in a season. Game of Thrones is very entertaining, though I wish they'd tone it done on the gratuitous sex scenes. It is an HBO show though, so I guess it's to be expected. Once Upon a Time would be more interesting if they didn't dumb it down and drag out the storyline so much. I think most shows would be better if a season was about 10-12 episodes long as opposed to the US standard 22 episodes - it would cut out all those filler episodes which just make you feel like you've wasted an hour of your life watching something that's added absolutely nothing to the storyline.

Do any of you watch these shows? What are your thoughts?

7 comments:

Keith said...

I'd like to watch Game of Thrones. I'm chewing my way through the first book. I'd also like to try out the BBC's Sherlock. The BBC has such a good rep for period pieces. Never heard of the other.

Carolina John said...

I like once upon a time. It's pretty well written, and I'll watch almost anything with Ginnifer Goodwin in it.

apparently, I need to get into Game of Thrones.

I have been watching lots of BBC series on netflix lately and I do like the 8-12 episode per season format. Very different from our seasons. It took some getting used to.

Merry said...

I think that cartoon is waaaaay too deep & profound to throw at me this early in the morning. And Benedict sure knows how to work a pair of cheekbones.

Mike said...

I'm a huge Sherlock Holmes fan and was prepared to hate this modern reworking, but I loved it!

Lily on the Road said...

That would be a total zombie f*up!

I'm like Keith, chewing my way through the first book (good description K).

I LOVE Once Upon a Time...What a GREAT cast....however, Rumpelstiltskin is my fav.

And haven't see the new Sherlock series yet.

Nitmos said...

Shouldn't you be working on your thesis?

Tyger Lily said...

Love Sherlock Holmes! Stumbled upon it while I was in London of all places :) lol