Monday, 26 March 2012

Building momentum

Other than that, it was a great weekend. The weather continued to be beautiful and I got in an extra baby run on Saturday as well as my planned 3-miler on Sunday for a total of 10 miles for the week. I just couldn't resist the chance to finally have a double-digit weekly mileage--the first time in nearly a year.

Running is still a slow slog, but I'm enjoying being out there again no matter the pace. Speed will come with time and consistency. The real challenge will begin Friday when I travel to a conference and then immediately go from there to the fieldwork locale for three weeks. I've already plotted 3-mile runs in both locations and am packing running gear, so there's really no excuse not to keep up this momentum. Time will tell.

In the continuing chronicles of wall decor, I finally sewed loops onto the top of the Little Red wall hanging so it's all ready to hang now. I just don't know where everything should go on the walls yet. I'll worry about that when I get back from my travels. Anyway here's the second canvas piece I completed:

I was inspired by this print on Etsy. After painting the canvas blue, I printed out letters and a teapot silhouette and traced them onto the canvas in pencil. Then I slowly (and not very neatly) painted them in and added the heart. Next time I should find a way to make a decent stencil first. It'd save me time and some swearing.

That's it for me today. Hope you all had a great weekend.

Later gators.

4 comments:

Carolina John said...

Make tea, not war! Love it.

Viper said...

Congrats on the double digits. Bon voyage. Cheers!

Keith said...

Painted. I thought it was fabric. So much for my art appreciation. Good luck running with the field work.

Lily on the Road said...

Wow, I thought it was fabric too! Have a great trip and good job with your slogging! Proud of you!