Wednesday, 21 March 2012

One down...

This has nothing to do with the rest of the post. I just thought it was funny...and true.
This morning consisted of dealing with two laptops and a printer-scanner that has it in for me. As I had for the last three days, I had intended on running first thing, but this work was urgent and I really needed to get it going before heading out. I thought that would only take an hour. It took nearly four.

Then noon rolled around. I'd been working from home and was still in my pajamas. I abandoned the electronics from hell, suited up for my run and headed out. What finally got me to run? The day outside is beautiful--blue skies and temps in the 50s. Granted English temps in the 50s are par for the course this time of year, but blue skies are rare indeed. Because of work and dithering, I missed out on a sunny morning run yesterday and I wasn't going to make the same mistake today.

The 3 miles were a total slog especially with the hills, but I'm super happy I finally got out there. About damn time.

So that's run #1 down, two more to go for this week.

Since I'd like to post more, but obviously have very little to say on the fitness front at the moment, I thought I'd write a bit about the stuff I'm doing to make my apartment a bit more homey. Yes, I'll be talking about crafting. Brace yourselves. At least it'll keep me from bitching too much about the TTSNBN.

On the weekends these last few months, I've been working little by little on making wall art for my apartment. The walls are naked and it's bothering me. I've actually completed quite a few now. The one I worked on this past Sunday I actually started two months ago as a first draft of sorts of a larger piece I wanted to hang in my bedroom. It was supposed to be a felt wall hanging of birch trees. I liked how the trees came out on the trial piece, but thought it was a bit meh. It needed some color. So along came Little Red Riding Hood.


I'm happy with how this came out with the exception of Red's legs. I thought not to put any in but the way I cut the cape necessitated legs or else Red would have been a flying midget. Also there should be more of the wolf's body off to the left, but I couldn't be arsed to think of how that should look so I left it out. I realize this looks rather child-like and I'm definitely not a kid anymore, but to hell with it. It makes me happy and it's my flat, so it's going on the wall. I just need to sew some loops at the top for a dowel and it'll be finished.

All right, it's back to fighting with the scanner and then on to make about 20 pie charts. Mmmm, pie.

Later gators.

9 comments:

Keith said...

Scanners are from hell. Can you get away with taking a photo and inserting that?

Nutella. mmmmmmmmmmmmm. That is all.

Viper said...

It looks like primitive art, and I like primitive art. The Big Bad Wolf is hiding behind the tree, and don't see anything to complain about with the feet. The trees look great. Cheers!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Actually, intricacies.

Although, nice try both times.

As you can see, I know only the intricacies of being a total dick.

Can Nutella cure that?

Deb said...

I love your wall hanging. The birch trees look great.
I'm off to eat some Nutella now.

Merry said...

I love this! Please do lots more wall art pictures.

@Glaven, depends on how the Nutella is applied.

Spike said...

I like the art, and I love Nutella. Glad you made it out for that first run of the week, it is always the hardest.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

@Merry: I was thinking it gets applied directly to the Nutellas@ck.

Any other way would be perverted.

Carolina John said...

The wall hanging is fantastic. Love the concept and execution.

SteveQ said...

I feel all non apropos today, so... after hearing "I don't know his name. It's Greek. He goes by something English, though." I came up with a name for him: Spiro "Keith" Gonoukakis. I won't tell you how long it took to think of that.