Friday, 8 June 2012

Friday photo fest

After three and a half months of dealing with ignorance, apathy and a whole lotta incompetence, I finally have working fiber optic broadband in my flat. And I'll be in Chicago for nearly a month as of Tuesday. Virgin Media's timing is impeccable.

Besides work and racking up my phone bill with calls to one of Richard Branson's poorly run companies, not a lot has been going on in my neck of the woods this week. The weather has been depressingly dreary and I've been trapped at home most of the time waiting for technicians who never arrive. So instead of continuing to bore you with the tedium that is my normal life, I'll just post a few photos from my outing last Saturday to Netley Abbey. Enjoy.



 



Inscription commemorating the construction of the church by Henry III in the 13th century.

 Lots of people hunting for oysters along the shore that day.

Happy weekend, everyone.

2 comments:

Redhead Running said...

These pics are GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing!!!

Also, if it makes you feel any better, Comcast here in Michigan sucks balls with their spotty internet services.

Have a safe trip to Chi-town!

BrianFlash said...

Ruins are cool no doubt about it.

Any dino bones around there?