Wednesday, 20 June 2012

Workin' it


Sweet jesus, Chicago is boiling. I did not pack appropriately for this trip. Stupid England has weakened my heat tolerance. Ugh.

Anyway, I was right - my sister's fitness freak out is rubbing off on me. I've been here for a week now and I've already run once (3 miles) on Lakeshore, swam on Monday and I've now attended four spinning classes at Flywheel. It's hella expensive, but I'm only here for a month and I've always liked spinning so it's worth it. We're doing a strength training session later today too. I'm also eating cleaner and, because of the heat, eating less. So all in all, things are well on the fitness front.

There's a crazy amount of wedding prep still left to do. I've spent the majority of the week ordering stuff online and cleaning out Michael's to make the bombonieres, wedding favors and other assorted items. When all that crap finally arrives next week, I'm going to turn into a one-woman sweatshop putting it all together in time. Did I mention there's 300 people coming to this wedding? Yeah. I'm screwed. But I love my sister and I want her wedding day to be perfect, so do it I will. Now I sound like Yoda. Lordy.

Before I sign off, here's a little treat for my fellow Game of Thrones readers/watchers.
Later gators.

7 comments:

Mike said...

Hodor!

Nitmos said...

It's my favorite time of year in the Midwest...I get to use 'sweltering' in every day conversation and it doesn't sound awkward or forced.

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Hodor hodor!

Jamoosh said...

A most excellent graphic!

Viper said...

Mmm Jordan almonds. Good luck with all the wedding craziness. Cheers!

The Merry said...

On the plus side, I hear that Winter is Coming.

Matt Rasgorshek said...

had to re-read the "eat cleaner" part.

I myself am partial to Drano. Especially in this SWELTERING heat.