Friday, 27 July 2012

Building a base

*swoon*

I did it. My slacker ass made a plan and I followed it. Yoga sessions on Tuesday and Thursday? Check and check. Three mile runs on Monday, Wednesday and today? Check, check and check! All done on the morning of each day as well. I'm on fire!

I guess karma felt the need to bring a little balance to my kickass week though because yesterday I accidentally smacked my thumb with a hammer. Ouch. Part of my thumbnail is now purple. Not enough of it for the nail to fall off though which is good.

To spread the humbleness to my running readers, here's a little something for you too:
Just look at that face. Don't you feel like pond scum now?

Anyhoo, I want to keep my fitness momentum going so I'll continue with alternating days of running and yoga for the next week or two and then think about adding some more mileage. Right now I just want to build the habit again. I miss being a regular runner.

That's it for me. Have a great weekend, everyone.

Later gators.

6 comments:

Carolina John said...

That's a good base allright. You may even find yourself going to an extreme case and doing yoga and running on the same day. I know you don't want to appear like too much of an overachiever but it will be ok.

Viper said...

Well done. Maybe my slacker ass can catch up to you. Cheers!

Nitmos said...

When the dog is used up and left for dead, who'll be laughing then?

Did that sound mean?

Keith said...

Don't forget the habit of blogging!

Deb said...

I knew you'd do it! Way to go!

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

I haven't run in a month. I'm pretty sure my running shoes have cobwebs in them. Which implies spiders, which makes me even less likely to put them on.