Wednesday, 20 March 2013

The die is cast

My final doctor's appointment was on Monday. The doctor is really pleased with how well my leg has healed considering, as he put it, "I had to put a lot of holes in your leg." The back of my calf still has some 'settling' to do and the faint residual bruising on my leg could take up to a year to fade. But I don't give a rat's ass because now I can jump back onto the fitness bandwagon in earnest.

I ran 1.5 miles again on Tuesday. My plan for the next two and a half weeks is to build up to running 3 miles at a time again after which I'll begin a 10K program. I'm really looking forward to getting fit again. The mini runs I've done lately have been slow and easy, but my face looks like a tomato by the end of them. Can we say out of shape much? Eh, gotta start somewhere. Might as well be at the bottom.

And so it begins again. I've got the official go ahead. I've got a plan. I've got the motivation. Now let's do this.

4 comments:

SteveQ said...

Yay!

Carolina John said...

Sweet!! Do it!

Viper said...

Onward and upward! Maybe your motivation will rub off a little over here. Cheers!

Danielle in Iowa in Ireland said...

Yay!