Monday, 8 April 2013

Slow and steady


I copped out on Sunday and ran only two miles instead of the planned three. It was the last day of the fun fair in the park and I woke up too late to miss the crowds. My hate of people overcame my dedication to running and I cut my run short.

However, I made up that mile today, running three miles instead of the planned two. This is the first week of my self-devised 10k training program. I wore my watch for the first time in nearly two years for today's run. I only slightly winced at the total time. Considering how long it's been since I last ran regularly and the extra chunkage I have attached to my good self, the time wasn't as bad as I expected. But just barely. If I keep on keeping on with running and not eating too much crap, it can only get better from here. Woo!

Friday when I was doing my post run stretches, I thought I'd try doing a plank. Back when I was super fit (for me), I could hold a plank easily for 1.5 minutes. Fast forward to last Friday--I wimped out at 30 seconds and it was a fight to get there as it was. Oy. I tried again on Sunday. Another 30 seconds. I figure I'll keep doing them every other day in the hopes of improvement.

And lastly, for my fellow Game of Thrones fans, here's a gift for you:

Later gators.

2 comments:

Carolina John said...

What a dick!

I hate other people too, and have not achieved your level of success at avoiding them lately. Good call.

Viper said...

Shit, 30 seconds is good for me when doing planks. I hate those things. Good running. Cheers!