- The weather has been pretty crappy all week. So much so that I’ve had to put my ugly quilt back on my bed because it's so cold at night and my housemates and I are too cheap to turn the heat back on.
- It’s currently raining sideways outside. I hate this country.
- Somehow I've hurt the two middle knuckles on my left hand. They've been sore for a week now. It's strange, I don't remember punching anyone...
- I seem to have unintentionally inspired people to take up running. There’s a group of us running the Blenheim 7K this Sunday. I’ve been out running with a couple of friends to help them prepare for it. Also, two other friends have put their names in for the London marathon ballot and, frighteningly, are looking to me to help them train. Holy hell.
- This makes me feel super guilty because I haven’t run all week. Sunday’s going to suck. :(
- My lack of running and shortage of funds recently are why I'm not running a local 5K on Saturday. Junk.
- Looks like I’ll be excavating in Italy in late summer to early fall. Not sure if I’ll have internet access, so there probably won’t be much posting going on then.
- A friend who will also be at the dig has asked me if I would mind if she ran with me while we’re there. And she’s not a runner. See, again with the inspiration thing. It’s scaring the hell out of me.
- I need to start strength training now so I’m not super sore come excavation time. Who’s got a training program for me so I can develop Michelle Obama’s guns in three months? Anyone? Bueller?
- Saw X-Men Origins this week. Huge plot holes, but I still liked the movie. Mostly because Hugh Jackman was naked half the time.
- It appears I should post more pictures and fewer words as I got a whopping 35 comments on my last post as opposed to the 15 to 20 I usually get. Boy, you people are shallow.
- Speaking of pictures, here’s one for you. This is a knick-knack I picked up during my Wales trip. It’s a little monk.
However, he’s a monk with a secret.
Who knew monks liked to have pencils sharpened in their rears?
Okay, that’s it for me today. Before I go, I want to wish a happy mother's day to all moms, especially my own. I sent your card out on Tuesday, Mom, so if you don't get it by tomorrow then I blame it on the English postal service. :)
Have a great weekend, everyone.