This weekend, I ran both Saturday and Sunday. Short distances as I’ve hardly been running lately and I didn’t want to risk injury by going all gung-ho crazy at the start. This morning I awoke amidst a rainstorm and got my shit together to head off to the gym for swim practice. I’m gonna learn how to do the front crawl properly even if it kills me. Which should be about Wednesday, I think.
Anyhoo, as the holidays inch ever closer, I’ve been making travel plans. I’ll be flying back to the states in mid-December and hanging out in the homeland for about three weeks. Three weeks of quality friends and family time, but, more importantly, three weeks to consume vast quantities of my favorite foods which I can’t get in England. I realize I don’t live in the backend of nowhere but there are plenty of foods you just can’t get over here. At least not without selling off an appendage or two to pay for it.
Here’s my list of must-eat foods while I’m stateside. So far, that is.
- grandma’s balls (of the chocolate peanut butter variety—get your mind out of the gutter, pervs)
- root beer (also possibly a root beer float)
- chinese food (it’s different over here—not bad, just different)
- christmas dinner (turkey with all the trimmings—I’m probably missing out on Thanksgiving so I’m really looking forward to this)
- cheesesteak with mushrooms (from my cousin’s restaurant)
- pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms (also from my cousin’s restaurant)
- York peppermint patty
- applesauce (they don’t do this over here—only this ultra sweet bramley crap for cooking with meat. I want my snack pack, bitch.)
- different dishes of greek food (because it always tastes better when made by my family)
- Cheetos (Z and I have a long-standing tradition of eating Cheetos and playing board games during the holidays. It’s our thing. Don’t judge.)
- fudge (mom’s is the best)
- pie—pumpkin, apple, blueberry... I don’t care just give me a slice.
- Mexican food—preferably a chicken chimichanga and some garlic nachos with some super hot salsa.
Ah, America, how I miss you.